Thursday, July 30, 2009

Saint Faustina, Priests, and Divine Mercy

To Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, Jesus appealed for Eucharistic adoration in these words,

"Adore, in the Blessed Sacrament, My Heart, which is full of mercy."

Jesus also stressed the importance of praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and of priests proclaiming His mercy.

"Say unceasingly the chaplet that I have taught you. Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation."

"Tell My priests that hardened sinners will repent on hearing their words, when they speak about My unfathomable mercy, about the compassion I have for them in My Heart. To priests who will proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power, and I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they will speak."

"I desire that priests proclaim this great mercy of Mine toward souls of sinners. Let the sinner not be afraid to approach Me. The flames of mercy are burning Me--clamoring to be spent. I want to pour them out upon these souls."

Divine Mercy Chaplet and prayers here.

Lord, thank You for Your mercy!

Please draw all souls to Your merciful Eucharistic Heart!

Have mercy on priests and on the whole world!





Pope John Paul II had this to say about praying for God's mercy:

"...at no time...especially at a moment as critical as our own--can the Church forget the prayer that is a cry for the mercy of God...the Church has the right and duty to appeal to the God of mercy 'with loud cries' " (Rich in Mercy, 15).

***

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests, and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests. Amen.







No comments: