Friday, January 8, 2010

A Prayer for All Priests

A Prayer for Priests

O Jesus,
I pray for those men you have called to serve your people as priests.
I thank you for those who are engaged this day in active ministry,
for those who have retired after fruitful service,
and for those who are in formation preparing for ordination.

Bless them, Lord, with strength and joy;
may they continue to grow in your likeness
so that they can help me grow in your likeness.

I pray, too, Lord, for those priests who are not well,
and I commend to your mercy those priests who are dying.

I thank you for the ministry and witness
of those priests who now enjoy your presence in the kingdom,
and I pray for those still on the journey.

O Jesus, keep them all close to your Sacred Heart,
and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen!

~ Prayer from the Diocese of Wilmington ~

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests, and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests. Amen.



No comments: