- Make a visible witness (for all the world to see) of their faith in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist;
- Make a visible witness (for all the world to see) of their love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and gratitude for His continued Real Presence among us;
- Show non-believers who happen upon this site that we Catholics really do believe what the Church teaches about transubstantiation--that bread and wine become the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ (true God and true man) when a Catholic priest repeats the words of consecration taught by Jesus;
- Show that we Catholics value God's gift of the ministerial Priesthood , all of the priests that He has provided for our benefit, and the Sacramental blessings that we receive only through their ministry.
- Show that we Catholics are united in prayer support for ALL of our Catholic priests throughout the entire world;
- Show that we do not intend to abandon any of God's priests, His chosen other Christs, the way that Jesus was abandoned by most of His apostles and other followers as He hung dying on the Cross.
- Show that we intend to uplift in prayer before the Real Presence of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, His beloved priests, including those who have most disappointed Him.
- Offer an hour of prayer in the place of and for priests who believe they are too busy to make time for Eucharistic adoration on a regular basis, or ever;
- Offer an hour of prayer for priests who have no interest in taking or making time for Eucharistic adoration;
- Offer an hour of prayer for priests who have lost faith in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.
- Offer an hour of prayer for priests who are unable to celebrate or attend Mass or pray before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament because of illness or due to being denied the freedom to participate.
- Offer an hour of prayer for deceased priests--for those who had a fervent devotion to Jesus in the Eucharist and for those who did not.
Only God knows how many will read this appeal for Eucharistic Holy Hours for priests, but I hope and pray that those who do will CAST A VOTE FOR JESUS AND HIS PRIESTS. Voting location is on the sidebar.
(The weakness of this poll is that the blogger widget used only allows one vote for each computer, and there could be households where more than one person will not be able to vote even if they want to. There probably are better widgets available, but not known to this computer novice.)