Thursday, February 11, 2010

St. Bernadette: Eucharist and the Rosary

"The Eucharist bathes the tormented soul in light and love."

~ St. Bernadette Soubirous ~

"Mostly [St.] Bernadette's thoughts were fixed beyond this earth. 'During her long nights,' reported Canon Perreau, 'she used to say the Rosary.' At other times she placed herself as it were in adoration before the Tabernacle. On her curtains had been fastened the picture of a monstrance. 'I am happy in my sleepless hours,' she confided to Mother Audidier, 'uniting myself with our Lord. One glance at this picture gives me the longing and strength to immolate myself, when I am feeling my loneliness and my pains.'"
~ From Saint Bernadette Soubirous by Francis Trochu ~

Learn more about the appearances of Our Lady of Lourdes here.

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests, and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoratio for priests. Amen.

No comments: