Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jesus Wants Prayers and Suffrages for Deceased Priests

"I do not want to exclude priests who have died.
They also need prayers and suffrages
so that they may return to my arms from purgatory to heaven.
Even there, the mission of faithful souls lasts,
to free priests from that place of purification,
to gain for Me the joy of seeing them finally in the bosom of My glory.
This will be an act of charity for them
and a joy they will give Me."

~ Jesus to Venerable Concepcion Cabrera de Armida, from To My Priests ~

My Jesus,
by the sorrows Thou didst suffer in Thine Agony in the Garden,
in Thy Scourging and Crowning with thorns,
in the Way to Calvary,
in Thy Crucifixion and Death,
have mercy on the souls of priests in Purgatory,
especially those most forgotten and who have no one else to pray for them.
I wish to remember all those priests who ministered to me,
the priests my heart has never forgotten,
and those I no longer recall due to my frailty of memory.
Do Thou deliver them from the dire torments they endure;
call them and admit them to Thy most sweet embrace in Paradise.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them!
Amen.

O God, Thou didst raise Thy servant, N.,
to the sacred priesthood of Jesus Christ,
according to the Order of Melchisedech,
giving him the sublime power to offer the Eternal Sacrifice,
to bring the Body and Blood of Thy Son Jesus Christ down upon the altar,
and to absolve the sins of men in Thine own Holy Name.
We beseech Thee to reward his faithfulness and to forget his faults,
admitting him speedily into Thy Holy Presence,
there to enjoy forever the recompense of his labors.
This we ask through Jesus Christ Thy Son, our Lord.

No comments: