Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mother Teresa Casini: A League of Priests to Make Amends for Unfaithful Priests

"I will make the priestly spirit blossom in those dioceses where there is a small nucleus of priests to console my heart, to satisfy the justice of my divine Father, and to make amends for the harm done to souls by their unfaithful shepherds. According to their fervor I will unite them to my heart, filling them with charity and apostolic zeal; I will bless their undertakings and give them the grace to penetrate souls with the unction of their words and lead their brothers back to my heart. I will be their support in life, in temptation, and in spiritual conflict, and I will be near at the time of death; I will comfort them and unite them to my infinite love."

"I desire a League of Priests united in the single purpose of charity to offer themselves with Me as victims of expiation to My Divine Father, for those of the clergy unfaithful to their sublime vocation."

~ Jesus to
Mother Maria Teresa Casini, Foundress of the Oblate Sisters of the Sacred Heart ~

"On December 8, 1884 the Divine Redeemer manifested Himself again to me. He showed me His pierced Heart and asked me to share in His suffering so that I might console Him. Then He added '... this pain is inflicted on my Heart by those priests who, forgetful of their sacred character, offend my heavenly Father with their infidelity.'"

"These desires of the Heart of Jesus remained impressed on my heart, nor could time erase them. I understand clearly that every priest, "ex officio" is a victim with Christ; but I have always felt that a league of priests who, over and above the call of duty, could become Victims of Expiation in union with the Heart of Christ for their unfortunate brother priests, would be most compatible with their priestly character of victimhood; the Heart of Christ would be satisfied; and He would pour into these priestly souls His merciful graces. Many times these graces are held back precisely because such graces are not granted except at the high cost of sacrifices of expiation. If only there were a small group of such priests in every diocese according to the desire of the Heart of Christ, certainly priests would return to their former fervor and persevere. In my heart there was the constant conviction that the desires of the Divine Redeemer would be fulfilled. How? When? By whom? I do not know, nor do I desire to know. " (Source of quotes)

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests.  Amen.

No comments: