Monday, February 7, 2011

Seminarian Frank Parater: A Life Consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

“I have nothing to leave or give but my life
and this I have consecrated to the Sacred Heart to be used as He wills.
I have offered my all for the conversion of non-Catholics in Virginia.
This is what I live for and in case of my death what I die for.
Since my childhood, I wanted to die for God and my neighbor.
But if I go on living, every action of my life here is offered to God
for the spread and the success of the Catholic Church of Virginia.
 I shall be of more service to my diocese in heaven than I can ever be here on earth.”

~ Servant of God Francis J. Parater ~


Loving Father, your servant Frank Parater sought perfection as a student, scout and seminarian.
He offered himself to you completely through the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Through his intercession,
 may young people answer your call to follow Jesus as priests, deacons and religious.

Grant, as well, the favors I seek,
so that your Church will recognize his holiness and proclaim him Blessed.

Grant this through Christ our Lord.  Amen.
 
Imprimatur:
+Walter F. Sullivan
Bishop of Richmond

 ~ More information about Servant of God Francis J. Parater from the Diocese of Richmond ~

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests.  Amen.



No comments: