Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jesus Speaks to Blessed Dina About Priests

"My priests should be other Christs. During my Agony, My Heart wept tears of blood over a certain number of My priests. Many among them possess eloquence and human learning but they lack the fundamental science, holiness... they do not live sufficiently in My intimacy, by self-denial and unalloyed love...I love them so much!...A great number are My consolation, My glory, and My honor, but many, alas, grieve Me..."

"My priests rule the entire religious society. If they were really holy, their mere presence anywhere, at church, on the street, or elsewhere would evoke a thought of Me: they would draw souls to Me. In meeting them, one would feel as if another Christ were passing by. The devil fears a single soul in whom I act freely more than an army of lukewarm and indifferent souls in whom My action is paralyzed, because in the former I act with My power while I am forced to leave the latter to their own weakness."

"I thirst for love, I thirst for souls! A great number of souls are being lost because many of My priests do not love Me enough. They do not touch hearts because they are not closely enough united to Me. They count too much on human means and their own activity, and not enough on My divine action."

"Offer to My Father, for My priests, the spirit of prayer of My divine Heart, My spirit of contemplation, the perfect union of My Heart with Him. That is what is lacking in so many of My priests; a spirit of prayer, an intense interior life."

~ Jesus to Blessed Dina Belanger, from The Autobiography of Dina Belanger ~

More on Blessed Dina


Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests, and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests. Amen.









No comments: