Monday, October 5, 2009

The Value of Suffering

Jesus revealed to St. Faustina His desire for priests to proclaim His mercy, and taught her the value of sufferings offered for priests:

"Tell My priests that hardened sinners will repent on hearing their words, when they speak about My unfathomable mercy, about the compassion I have for them in My Heart. To priests who will proclaim and extol My mercy, I will give wondrous power, and I will anoint their words and touch the hearts of those to whom they will speak."

IN ORDER TO OBTAIN GRACES FOR PRIESTS, JESUS ASKED ST. FAUSTINA TO UNITE HER PRAYERS, FASTS, MORTIFICATIONS, LABORS AND ALL SUFFERINGS TO HIS OWN.

One time she offered to suffer for a priest that our Lord revealed to her was in danger of committing a mortal sin. Jesus accepted her offer, and St. Faustina suffered the pain of a crown of thorns piercing her head for three hours in order for the priest to be strengthened to resist the temptation.

Another time, St. Faustina said: "I have offered this day for priests. I have suffered more today than ever before, both interiorly and exteriorly. I did not know it was possible to suffer so much in one day. I tried to make a Holy Hour, in the course of which my spirit had a taste of the bitterness of the Garden of Gethsemane. I am fighting alone, supported by His arm, against all the difficulties that face me like unassailable walls. But I trust in the power of His name and I fear nothing."

One day, St. Faustina's response to a priest's request for prayers was to ask Jesus to bestow upon her all the external and spiritual sufferings the priest would have had to suffer during that particular day. Her prayer was answered at once with all sorts of trials that appeared out of nowhere and which were offered in silence on behalf of the priest. The sufferings of that day, including interior sufferings, eventually brought her to tears. Our Lord's response was:

"...why are you weeping? After all, you yourself offered to undertake these sufferings. Know that what you have taken upon yourself for that soul is only a small portion. He is suffering much more." When St. Faustina questioned why the priest was being treated like that, she said:

"The Lord answered me that it was for the triple crown meant for him: that of virginity, the priesthood and martyrdom. At that moment a great joy flooded my soul at the sight of the great glory that is going to be his in heaven. Right away I said the Te Deum for this special grace of God; namely, of learning how God treats those he intends to have close to Himself. Thus, all sufferings are nothing in comparison with what awaits us in heaven."

40 DAYS FOR LIFE DAY DAY 13: 123 BABIES SAVED ...SO FAR!

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High priest, Mother of all priests, and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests. Amen.











No comments: