Saturday, September 5, 2009

Our Blessed Mother's Love For Her Children

Our Blessed Mother revealed to Venerable Mary of Agreda:
"How much my intercession and the power I have in heaven is worth has never been hidden in the Church, for I have demonstrated my ability to save all by so many thousands of miracles, prodigies and favors operated in behalf of those devoted to me. With those who have called upon me in their needs I have always shown myself liberal and the Lord has shown Himself liberal to them on my account. The Most High still wishes to give liberally of His infinite treasures and resolves to favor those who know how to gain my intercession before God. This is the secure way and the powerful means...of bringing the souls to grace and to the friendship of God."



*
O Mary, Mother of Jesus,
you were with Jesus
at the beginning of His life and mission.
You stood beside Jesus
when He was lifted on the Cross
and gave His life for all.
We ask you now to be with our priests,
who give themselves in service to God's people.
Intercede for them
that they may grow in holiness;
proclaim God's word with courage;
celebrate the sacraments with joy;
and be among God's people
as Jesus, the Good Shepherd, was.
We offer this prayer to God, the Father,
through your intercession,
in the name of your Son, Jesus,
and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

(Prayer from Crusade For Priests)

*
Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests, and our Mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, through the voice of His Church, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests. Amen.

No comments: