Friday, November 27, 2009

Advent: A Penitential Season

In 1927 Jesus complained to Blessed Dina Belanger about Catholics doing little or no penance during Advent:

"I have need of reparation. The justice of My Father is enkindled. Offer to My Father My merits and My Blood to appease the arm of His Justice. How many Catholics concern themselves little or not at all with penance during the season of Advent! How many Catholics neglect to prepare for My coming at Christmas! Give Me your day, today, in spirit of atonement. Offer it also in Thanksgiving to My Father for all the graces He bestows on souls; for there are so many who never think of thanking Him.

~ Jesus to Blessed Dina Belanger, from Autobiography of Dina Belanger ~

To Learn more about Advent read All About Advent.


Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Eternal High Priest, Mother of all priests, and our mother, help us respond generously to the Holy Spirit's request, to offer up to God Eucharistic adoration for priests. Amen.

1 comment:

plc said...

Another good reminder! We should celebrate the season of Advent and THEN celebrate Christmas! :)
Blessed Advent to you and to all your readers!